The difference between a verified Facebook page and an unverified Facebook page is a simple check mark.
So what difference does that check mark make?
Why You Need Facebook Verification
We ask all our clients to get verified on Facebook so that we can help them take advantage of the social network’s branded content features. In addition, a Facebook verification also helps people:
- Build audience trust. Having that check mark symbol gives your fans confidence that you are a legitimate brand that they can have confidence in.
- Demonstrate that you’re “for real.” By having your page verified, it helps your following to find the real you and be able to ignore the fakers — those “posers” who pretend to be you.
- Show up higher in search. Because Facebook has already reviewed your page it is more likely to show up in searches on Facebook, meaning that new people are more likely to find your page.
- Possibility of increased engagement. The cumulative effect of the above benefits may also lead to more reach and engagement with your brand.
How to Get a Verified Facebook Page
Page verification is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. All you need is a publicly listed business phone number.
To verify your Page:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
For a more thorough explanation, watch as our right-hand man Derrick walks you through the process.
Like this Tutorial Video? Get 9 more from our Facebook Starter Kit for $99!
Don’t have the time to watch and execute? We’ll audit your business page and execute all 10 videos for $500
Learn how to do the following:
- Verify your Facebook page
- Create custom @username
- Setup auto response assistant in messenger
- Add a CTA button
- Pin important posts
- Optimize ‘About’ section
- Add business milestones
- Use and analyze Audience Insights
- Schedule your Facebook posts
- Integrate your business’ Instagram account to Facebook